The Village Hall was originally the old school and was erected by the Hon Richard Watson in 1844, who pioneered rural education in the neighbourhood. The School opened with 90 pupils from neighbouring villages.
As the years passed Rockingham School began to suffer the effects of the very education it had pioneered, and as other schools opened in neighbouring villages the roll began to dwindle, until in 1946 it was left with only 9 children. The authorities regretfully decided to close it in January of that year, the remaining scholars being absorbed by neighbouring Cottingham School.
Since January 1947 the building has been used as our Village Hall.
The Village Hall is a registered charity and is run by a committee of trustees and other volunteers.